Artificial grass is growing in popularity as more people see its advantages, such as less maintenance and saving water bills. As of today, artificial turf is more preferred by homeowners.
Many homeowners don’t know what to consider before buying fake grass. Before you begin your artificial lawn project, make sure to choose the best type for you and your home.
TYPES OF SYNTHETIC TURF ACCORDING TO MATERIAL
- Nylon Artificial Grass –known to have the strongest blades and maintain its shape under intense athletic plays and high foot traffic. This type can withstand extreme temperatures without losing its stability. This type is very popular in sports and play areas despite being expensive.
- Polyethylene Artificial Grass –has a very lifelike texture. It only requires minimal maintenance, such as raking or brushing to keep it upright. This is the best type of grass for homeowners looking to replace their lawn. This type is well liked for entire lawns, outdoor play areas, and pools.
- Polypropylene artificial grass –the least expensive type of grass is made from solid pellets and has a delicate texture. This type is also the most fragile of the three and can be worn out very quickly.
TYPES OF ARTIFICIAL GRASS ACCORDING TO PILE HEIGHT
- Short Pile Heights –this type is smaller than 30mm, and gives your turf a more natural appearance. Because it is simpler to construct a greenhouse on, homeowners consider it an excellent choice.
- Medium pile height – synthetic grass with an average length from 30mm to 37mm will make your turf look natural without adding any weight. It is ideal for your backyard or recreational area.
- Long pile height –this is the 37mm that’s too long and can make your house look uneven. Extended pile heights might seem strange to some.
There are many kinds of artificial grass for school playground, sports field and residential areas. You’ll need to spend some time deciding which one is best for you. You should think carefully before deciding which one to have on your fake turf.
You will need to take the time to find the right type of fake grass for your home. Make sure you think carefully about which one you want to put on your lawn before starting your artificial grass installation.
To know more aboutthe different types of artificial grass, you can read thisinfographic from Easy Turf.