A lot of people are becoming more interested in implementing abstract rugs into their home décor space for a whole variety of reasons, but of course finding the perfect abstract rug for your home can be a lot easier said than done!
We’ve teamed up with the rug industry experts at Rug Source to support us in the development of this list of shopping tips oriented specifically around helping homeowners like yourself find high-quality abstract rugs. The truth is that abstract rugs are very unique as compared to the rest of the industry, so there subsequently are some unique factors that you’ll need to keep in mind when narrowing down your best options.
So below we’ll be going over some of the most important things that you should keep in mind while shopping for abstract rugs!
Aesthetic & Style Values
Both traditional and modern abstract rugs will provide unique ambiences that you’ll need to keep in mind when it comes to matching your home’s existing aesthetics and décor, so here are some things to consider when it comes to ensuring that your new abstract rug takes your lifestyle into account:
- Is your new abstract rug going to be placed in an area that gets a lot of foot traffic? Do you have children or pets? All of these lifestyle factors will play a major role in helping you determine what type of durability you’ll need from your new abstract rug, because cleaning and upkeep will be a big part of this home décor investment.
- If you’re worried about potential stains on your new area rug, keep in mind that dark-colored abstract rugs do a really great job at covering up all types of stains.
- Always trust your instincts when differentiating abstract area rugs, because you’ll have a unique appreciation for artistic value and your needed aesthetics.
- Your self-choice does play a major role in helping you answer your own questions about your ideal abstract rug. These rugs are supposed to be oriented around your personal preferences, so make sure it’s something that you’ll enjoy looking at on a daily basis!
Abstract Rug Size
Another major concern that many rug shoppers have while shopping is that they aren’t exactly sure what size they should get, and it’s true that area rug size is a very important shopping factor to keep in mind that’ll help you ultimately narrow down your search more efficiently.
Below are some guidelines to keep in mind that’ll help you figure out the correct size for your specific residential space:
- Make sure your family room’s rug overlies the basic dimensions of your furniture. A smaller rug will make these spaces seem much cozier, and larger rugs will make a space seem bigger.
- An abstract rug should be a little bit larger in dimensions as compared ot your dining room table, particularly because you’ll need enough space for your chairs to move in and out while remaining on top of the rug.
- You should always leave at least 18-24 inches of flooring space between your area rug and the perimeter of your room, and this is particularly appropriate when you have hardwood floors.
- Be sure to tape out the area where you’ll potentially place your new abstract rug so you can perfectly visualize the space prior to making any purchasing decision.
Choosing Rug Patterns & Colors
Although you’re always going to want to have your new abstract rug’s patterns and colors to be compatible with your personal preferences and home aesthetics, you’re first and foremost going to need to keep the specific room/space’s existing aesthetics in mind.
Here are some tips to keep in mind regarding rug pattern and color:
- Be sure to do an inventory of your space’s overall color scheme, and then choose an area rug that complements these obvious colors.
- If your main furniture features solid colors, you’ll be in a good position to implement an abstract rug in to your space. Sometimes solid rug colors are better when your furniture has more elaborate designs.
- Secondary colors within your abstract rug should directly match your sofa or main furniture pieces. The third colors within the rug should match your room’s accessories, like drapes, pillows, wall color and other more minute features.
Reach Out To The Rug Industry Experts At Rug Source For More Abstract Rug Shopping Tips!
There truly is a lot that rug shoppers need to keep in mind while they’re in the process of shopping for an abstract rug, and the above tips really only brush the surface in terms of everything you should know. The best thing you can always do for your rug shopping needs is work directly with experienced experts who’ve helped thousands of other rug shoppers just like you in the past.
You can learn more about abstract rug shopping tips by going directly to the Rug Source website via the link at the top of the article!